Administrator & Coordinator 1st Annual SSM Art-a-thon www.ssmartathon.wordpress.com
Summary of Qualifications
- Instructor – Durham College School of Media, Art & Design & Algonquin College for Video Production, Documentary Studio, Audio Capture Video Production for Fine Arts, Foundations in Wood & Photography.
- Research – Art as a serious Method of Engagement in Ontario Ministry of Education for well-being & 21st Century Competencies.
- Curriculum Mapping – Durham College & Boston University Masters in the Arts of Arts Education specializing in curriculum mapping for media literacy to meet both US and Ontario grade school and higher education
- Hardware & Software Expertise – Fluent in both PC & Apple platforms with extensive use of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office products for multi-media presentations. WordPress blogs, Online Auctions, Online asset management and file conversion software, knowledge of entire film production processes and online education delivery processes.
- Materials & Processes – Plaster, Wood, Felting, Acrylic, Watercolours, Pastels, Pencil, X-rays, mixed-media, multi-media, installations, happenings, community-based art education.
- Large-scale production management of people, equipment and locations classrooms & in the film industry.
- Clear goal-setting & complete execution of community-based initiatives.
- Grant writing success
- Boston University, Masters in the Arts in Art Education, 2016
- Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, Sculpture & Art Ed, 1998 – 2004
- Queen’s University, B.A. Honours, Film Studies, 1989 – 1993
Grants, Commissions, Boards and Publications
- National Roundtable on Teacher Education in the Arts,
Steering Committee, 2016 – 2017
- Advisory Committee on the Arts, OCDSB, Vice Chair, 2016 – 2017
- Kickstarter Grant, Invisible Landscapes, Nuit Blanche Ottawa+Gatineau, 2014
- Arts Council of Sault Ste. Marie, Board Member, 2012 – 2013
1st Annual Art-a-thon Fundraiser 2013, Program Coordinator
- Big Kids Magazine, Publication, Treasure Maps, p. 36, 2012
- Journal of the Motherhood Initiative, Publication, Cover Art, Fall/Winter, 2011
- Ontario Arts Council, Northern Arts Grant, The MotherHood Experience, 2010
Instructor/Curriculum Mapping, 2013 – 2016
Durham College, School of Media, Art & Design
- Wrote curriculum for Video Production, Audio Capture, Documentary Studio and Video Production for Fine Arts courses.
- Emphasis on meeting National US Core Standards as well as Ontario’s Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities’ Essential Employability Skills & Course Learning Outcomes.
- Courses geared towards learning digital asset management, media production and literacy, as well as social media awareness within an historical context.
Instructor – Algonquin College, Photography, 2015
Instructor – NVAC & NCAC, Summer Camp & March Break AudioVisual Production, 2014 – 2015
Props Master – Pride of Lions, Director: Sidney Furie, 2012
- Children’s Rehabilitation Centre Projects in Paper, 2012
- Sault Youth Association Felting, 2012
- Sault Youth Association After-school art, Collage, 2011
- Sault Youth Association Plaster and Moldmaking, 2010-11
- Sault Senior Center Felting and Printmaking classes, 2010-11
Soul Productions – Small business owner of a Multi-media arts studio, 2007 – 2013
- Small Business Owner – Grant Writing, Sales, Promotion, Design, Production, Logistics, Bookkeeping and Education.
- Board of Directors – Arts Council of Sault Ste. Marie & District.
- Community Coordinator – Hosted the SSM Art-a-thon, 5 venues, 6 artists and online progressive auction from 4 prominent community business donations.
- Website Management – Web developer and administrator of Soo Art Classes website and the SSMArt-a-thon website and Facebook online progressive auction.
- Designer/Artist – Mixed-media 2D and 3D presentations exhibited in Sault Ste. Marie, Toronto, Chicago and Ottawa.
- Community Outreach Workshops & Volunteer – Sault Youth Association, Children’s Rehabilitation Centre, Bay Street Senior Centre.
Manager of Accounts and Operations – Resource Vision Inc., 2007 – 2010
- Developed marketing vision from logo design to Website production
- Manager of administration and payroll for a small business
- Prepared funding applications for NOHFC, BDC and RBC
- Managed communications with lawyers, insurance brokers and CRA
Television Production, 1997 – 2002
- Non-Profit Television Producer – Somerville Producer’s Group Dead Air Live
- Produced/Directed four 1-hour live shows about food, food security, buskers and Halloween
- Television Producer – Ecology Channel
Coordinated Host, Interviewee, subject matter, studio time and technicians
Assistant Directing, 1993 – 1997
- Assistant Director – Toxic Dreams, Rhapsody, Wounded, Kissed, Danny Diamond and The Michelle Apartments, Assisted with talent management and on-set crew management
- Director’s Guild Production Assistant – X-Files, Millennium, Outer Limits, Ronnie & Julie, Assisted with on-set logistics for film crews of over 100 people
Independent Film Producer, 1992 – 1998
Independent Film Writer, Director, Producer
- The Bus Stop, 1997
6½ min., 16mm, B/W film, Accepted to Bilbao International film festival
- A Bath, 1993
15 min., 16mm, Group Thesis Film for Queen’s University
Accepted to Montreal International Film Festival
Film Screening Experience
- Dead Air Live, 1998 – 2002
Produced live bi-monthly TV shows at the longest running community access television station in US, Somerville Massachusetts
- The Bus Stop, 1998
Bilbao International Documentary and Independent Film Festival, Spain
- A Bath, 1993
Montreal International Film Festival, Montreal, QC
Visual Arts Exhibition
- Hintonburg Happening, Invisible Landscape, Wellington Village, Ottawa, 2016
- Nuit Blanche, Parkdale Market Playground, Wellington Village, Ottawa, 2014
- ArtPrize, Medical Mile Food Court, Grand Rapids, MI, 2012
- Mapping Ourselves, Loplops Gallery and Lounge, SSM, ON, 2012
- Great Big Smalls Show, Cube Gallery, Ottawa, ON, 2011
- 14th Annual Motherhood Conference, The Motherhood Initiative, T.O., 2011
- Contemporary Arts, Contemporary Arts Fest, The Auld Kirk, Thessalon, ON 2011
- Rapture & Lemonade, A.P.E., Awaken Arts Festival, SSM, ON, 2011
- Yellow Walk-about, A.P.E., Awaken Arts Festival, SSM, ON, 2011
- The MotherHood Experience, Cafe Natura, SSM, (OAC Funding), ON, 2011
- Image and Word, SmArt Gallery, Chicago, Il, 2011
- NowStorm, SmArt Gallery, Chicago, Il, 2010
- Maps As Our Stage, The Auld Kirk, Thessalon, ON, 2010
- Toronto Nuit Blanche, Cream Tangerine Gallery Cafe, Toronto, ON, 2010
- The Land’s Our Stage, Illustrated Map, Café Natura, SSM, ON , 2010
- The Lines That Bind, Meditations on Lines, Café Natura, SSM, ON, 2009
Interviews & Press
- Weavings, 2016
- The MotherHood Experience, 2012
Shaw Video Interview ~ http://www.shaw.ca/ShawTV/saultstemarie/shows/shawtv/
- Maps, 2010 – 2011
Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/30/ingrid-dabringers-maps-as_n_911388.html
Geobeats Interview: Profile of an artist
Geobeats Interview: Thinking Maps Differently
Brain Pickings http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2011/07/13/ingrid-dabringer-map-paintings/